The most effective way to check your blood ketone level is with a blood ketone monitoring meter. Using a blood ketone meter can be useful in comparing your blood ketone levels before and after food intake/physical activity, and managing health conditions like diabetic ketoacidosis.
How to use the KetoSens Blood Ketone Monitoring System
- Set up your meter using the product manual.
- When ready to measure your blood ketone level, insert the strip into the meter.
- Load lancet into the lancing device.
- Adjust your lancet depth setting and draw blood.
- Collect your blood sample by taking the tip of the strip to the blood sample until the confirmation window is filled.
- Wait 8 seconds until the result is shown.
- Log your results in the logbook.
Using a blood ketone monitoring meter can help you better manage your diet, physical activity, and health by checking your current blood ketone levels. With this information, you can closely monitor your carb intake, how much to exercise, and which food to avoid. To get a better overall view of your health, you can calculate your Glucose Ketone Index (GKI) by measuring both your blood ketone levels and blood glucose levels!
The content of this article is intended to provide a general information and knowledge on the subject matter. The views expressed in newsletters, articles, and blogs in the i-SENS USA website are not necessarily those of i-SENS Incorporated, i-SENS USA Incorporated or our publishers. Medical or nutritional information on i-SENS USA website is not intended to replace professional medical advice – you should always consult a specialist with any questions about your specific circumstances.