The most effective way to check your pet’s blood glucose level is with a pet blood glucose monitoring meter. Using a pet blood glucose meter can be useful in comparing your pet’s blood glucose levels before and after food intake, physical activity, and medication.
How to use the VetMate Blood Glucose Monitoring System
- Set up your meter using the product manual.
- When ready to measure your pet’s blood glucose level, insert the strip into the meter.
- Load lancet into the lancing device.
- Adjust your lancet depth setting and draw blood – make sure that your pet’s ear flap is warm as it makes collecting blood sample easier.
- Collect the blood sample by taking the tip of the strip to the blood sample until the confirmation window is filled.
- Wait 5 seconds until the result is shown.
- Log your results in the logbook.
Using a pet blood glucose monitoring meter can help you better manage your pet’s diet, physical activity, and health by checking their current blood glucose levels. With this information, you can closely monitor your pet’s carb intake, how much exercise they should be getting, and which food to avoid.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general information and knowledge on the subject matter. The views expressed in newsletters, articles, and blogs in the i-SENS USA website are not necessarily those of i-SENS Incorporated, i-SENS USA Incorporated or our publishers. Medical or nutritional information on i-SENS USA website is not intended to replace professional medical advice – you should always consult a specialist with any questions about your specific circumstances.