The most effective way to manage your blood glucose levels would be to use a blood glucose monitoring meter. Using a blood glucose meter can be useful in comparing your blood glucose levels before and after food intake/physical activity.
How to use the CareSens Blood Glucose Monitoring System
- Set up your meter using the product manual.
- When ready to measure your blood sugar level, insert the strip into the meter.
- Load lancet into the lancing device.
- Adjust your lancet depth setting and draw blood.
- Collect your blood sample by taking the tip of the strip to the blood sample until the confirmation window is filled.
- Wait 5 seconds until the result is shown.
- Log your results in the logbook or transfer your data from the meter to the SmartLog mobile app.
Using a blood glucose monitoring meter can help you better manage your medication, diet, and physical activity by checking your current blood glucose levels. With this information, you can closely monitor carb intake, how much to exercise, and when to take your medication.
The content of this article is intended to provide a general information and knowledge on the subject matter. The views expressed in newsletters, articles, and blogs in the i-SENS USA website are not necessarily those of i-SENS Incorporated, i-SENS USA Incorporated or our publishers. Medical or nutritional information on i-SENS USA website is not intended to replace professional medical advice – you should always consult a specialist with any questions about your specific circumstances.